|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||34%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|Total Sugars 2g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
A good Chantilly cream recipe is essential to every French kitchen. This rich whipped cream infused with vanilla extract is a classic embellishment to French pastry, genoise cakes (sponge cakes), and tarts.
In essence, Chantilly cream is a sweetened whipped cream with vanilla added (some recipes use liqueurs in place of vanilla). It's a snap to make and calls for just three ingredients. You may find yourself making it again and again to use as a topping or filling with many of your dessert recipes, from pies to cakes to layered desserts.
2 cups heavy cream, chilled
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Gather the ingredients.
In a large mixing bowl, beat the heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together on high speed until soft peaks form.
Use as your recipe directs. Chill any unused Chantilly cream.
How to Use Chantilly Cream
- Chantilly cream is ideal for Swiss roll recipes such as a Hungarian raspberry-cream roulade, a raspberry whipped cream roll made of sponge cake filled with canned raspberry filling, whipped cream, cream cheese, and fresh raspberries.
- It is delicious used as a filling for cakes and layered pastry desserts.
- Use as a topping for any dessert that calls for whipped cream, such as pies and cobblers as well as fresh fruit.
- When making whipped cream, all of the ingredients and equipment should be cold. If your kitchen is warm, place the bowl and beaters in the refrigerator for 15 to 20 minutes before beginning the recipe. Also, make sure to keep the heavy cream in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- The cream needs to be labeled as "heavy whipping cream" or "heavy cream" and have at least 35 percent milk fat to get a fluffy whipped cream.
- Add some flavored liqueur to the cream mixture. Some popular types to combine with whipped cream include amaretto, cassis, brandy, curaçao, Grand Marnier, Irish cream, and rum.
- You can also try one of the many Italian cordial syrups used in coffee drinks. Popular brands include Sonoma, DaVinci, Torani, Giffard, Stasero, Fontana, and Monin.
- A word of caution: Start adding the liqueur slowly, perhaps 1 tablespoon at a time, until you've reached the desired flavor.
What Is the Difference Between Chantilly Cream and Whipped Cream?
Chantilly cream is simply sweetened whipped cream. It is often used in French pastries and cakes and can also be used in recipes that call for sweetened whipped cream.
What Can I Do With Leftover Chantilly Cream?
Use extra Chantilly cream to add a sweet, creamy topping to pie, cake, and sundaes. Add a little indulgence to hot chocolate or coffee, or make a whole new dish like icebox cake.