This vanilla glaze recipe is a fast and easy white cookie frosting. Almost any cookie, cupcake or brownie recipe gets a taste boost when you put this vanilla glaze on top.
When you're eating desserts you might be ignoring calories, but it's good to know how much it is. Spreading on an ounce of vanilla glaze adds about 120 calories and 24 grams of carbohydrate. Yes, you read that right. There's no way to measure vanilla glaze by serving size since that varies greatly. Nutrition charts call about a third of an ounce a serving, which would mean about 40 calories and 8 carb grams— if you keep it to just one tiny serving (not likely for most people).
- Combine the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract in small bowl.
- Mix well until the glaze is a smooth consistency.
Uses for Vanilla Glaze
Besides the obvious cookies and cupcakes, vanilla glaze glams up a whole range of foods. Use it for the following to up the fun and yum factor.
- Use on rims of Champagne glasses
- Tuck some inside strawberries
- Make a sweet dip of glaze, bananas, chocolate chips and coconut
- Spread on large hard or soft pretzels and cover with nuts
- Spread on raisin-cinnamon bread for a sweet breakfast
- Spread on store-bought plain doughnuts
- Drizzle over waffles
- Make an iced pumpkin bread
- Make iced scones
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|