True to its name, this crazy cake is crazy easy. You might have also seen similar cakes called "wacky cake." This version is a vanilla cake with optional chopped nuts and a simple melted chocolate chip topping.
The craziest thing about this cake is how it is mixed. Just combine the dry ingredients in an ungreased pan, make wells for the oil and eggs, and mix in the milk. That's it!
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
- 1 egg
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In an ungreased 8-inch square baking pan combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and vanilla.
- Make two wells in the flour mixture; pour oil in one and the beaten egg and vanilla mixture in other. Don't worry if they spill out of the wells.
- Add milk and then stir until the batter is well mixed. Stir in pecans, if using.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle the chocolate chips on the very warm cake and let stand for 2 or 3 minutes. Swirl the melted chocolate chips lightly with a spatula.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|