|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 cocktail (1 serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 49g||18%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Add a little oomph to your vanilla latte with this fun and simple vanilla vodka-spiked recipe. It's a fun iced coffee cocktail that is very easy to mix up.
The vanilla latte brings everything that's great about the coffee shop favorite into the world of cocktails. You have a sweet cream and vanilla flavor with a rich coffee base. And, it's even quicker to make than a normal caffe latte because there's no milk to steam or froth!
For this recipe, you simply need a cream liqueur, vanilla vodka, and the most flavorful coffee you can brew. It's a fantastic alternative to all those fruity brunch cocktails and makes a fabulous afternoon drink on hot summer days.
Gather the ingredients.
Serve and enjoy!
- This latte is also great when the ingredients are shaken with ice then strained over fresh ice.
- To reduce water dilution, freeze chilled coffee into ice cubes to use for this drink.
- For the cream liqueur, RumChata and Irish cream (e.g., Baileys) are fantastic options.
- Be sure to thoroughly chill hot-brewed coffee before using it in any iced coffee drink. If you just brewed it, place a cup in the freezer for about 10 minutes for a quick chill.
- Just like any latte, espresso is preferred over standard drip-brewed coffee because it's more flavorful. You can also use other brewing methods, such as an AeroPress, drip cone, or French press.
- Another option is to use cold-brewed coffee. It takes about 12 hours to make because there's no heat involved, but it produces a rich, thick cup of coffee with a true flavor of the coffee beans. Get in the habit of always having some in the refrigerator and you'll see an improvement in every iced coffee (spiked and not) you make.
- Make the drink with hot coffee in a mug for a warm, spiked cup of joe.
- Add flavor to this latte if you like. For instance, you can bring in a splash of cinnamon syrup or a squeeze of caramel flavoring.
- Switch to vanilla whiskey or rum for the same flavor, but a little more depth.
- You can also make a spiked latte with other flavored liquors. Try coconut rum or vodka, cinnamon whiskey, whipped cream vodka, or go fruity with a berry-flavored vodka.
- If you prefer to skip the cream, switch to another liqueur. For instance, amaretto or hazelnut liqueur (e.g., Frangelico) would add sweetness and a nutty flavor. Another option is a honey liqueur such as Bärenjäger or Drambuie.
How Strong Is a Vanilla Latte?
This may be a spiked latte, but it's not very strong. The alcohol content is similar to wine, at just 13 percent ABV (26 proof). If you pour more than 2 ounces of coffee, it becomes even weaker.