These easy, tasty vanilla muffins contain a simple combination of butter, sugar, and eggs, along with a generous amount of vanilla extract. For a richer, more decadent vanilla flavor, try using 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste.
Serve these muffins with raspberry or strawberry preserves, marmalade, or your favorite jam. You can also drizzle the cooled muffins with a tablespoon of vanilla glaze if you want a fancier look.
- 4 cups/18 ounces all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or 1/4 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 8 tablespoons butter (melted)
Gather the ingredients.
Heat the oven to 400 F.
Grease 24 muffin cups or line them with paper cupcake liners.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir to mix thoroughly.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients. With a spoon, mix thoroughly.
Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tins.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes. A dark pan will take less time than a light colored pan.
Serve and enjoy!
- Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with cinnamon sugar or maple flakes before baking or immediately after taking them out of the oven.
- Fill the muffin cups with a few tablespoons of batter and then add about 1 to 2 teaspoons of your favorite fruit preserves. Top the preserves with the remaining batter.
- If you crave more texture in your muffins, add 1 cup of mini chocolate chips or chopped pecans, or add 1/2 cup of each.
- To keep your muffins uniform in size, use a 1/4-cup measuring cup or scoop to measure an equal amount of batter into each muffin cup.