You might think of veal as a time-consuming special occasion dish, but this dish will change your mind. You can have this dish from stovetop to table in under 30 minutes! Tender veal cutlets are accented with a flavorful lemon and caper sauce.
If you aren't into veal, consider making this dish with thinned turkey cutlets or chicken cutlets. You'll have all the great flavor in a red meat-free meal.
Serve this recipe alongside angel hair pasta and sliced tomatoes for a quick, fuss-free family meal.
- 1 pound veal cutlets
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 3/4 cup white wine (dry, such as sauvignon blanc)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 tablespoons capers (rinsed and drained)
- Garnish: chopped parsley
- Optional: lemon wedges
- If the cutlets are thick, put them between sheets of plastic wrap and pound gently to about 1/8-inch thickness. Combine the flour, salt, and pepper; dip the cutlets into the mixture, coating both sides.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the veal cutlets for about 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. Remove the veal to a plate and set aside.
- Saute the garlic for about 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add the wine and lemon juice; simmer for about 5 minutes to reduce slightly.
- Add the veal back to the skillet along with the capers; cover and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve veal cutlets with a garnish of parsley and lemon wedges, if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||28 g|
|Saturated Fat||12 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|