Nothing says comfort food like a meatloaf the way Mom used to make it, and this recipe is an exciting spin on the beloved classic. This veal loaf recipe comes with sauce suggestions, and you should feel free to use beef or ground turkey instead of veal if you prefer.
- 12 ounces mushrooms, chopped (3 cups)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon leaf thyme, crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 pounds ground veal
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet; add chopped mushrooms and the thyme. Add chopped onions and garlic; cook until mushrooms are browned and onions are tender.
- Transfer mixture to mixing bowl and let cool. Add veal and breadcrumbs. Whisk together 1/2 cup of milk and eggs until well blended. Add to meat mixture. Add more milk if needed for moisture. Add salt and pepper and parsley; work together with hands to blend.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||18 g|
|Saturated Fat||7 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|