This veal pot roast is cooked to perfection in the slow cooker. The veal and accompanying vegetables come out incredibly tender and juicy. Serve it with mashed potatoes and gravy (gravy recipe is also included below) for a delicious meal.
- veal pot roast, about 3 to 4 pounds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium onions, cut in quarters
- 4 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- 1/3 cup white wine
- Brown the veal on all sides in the oil in a large skillet. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put the vegetables into the crockpot; place veal roast on top.
- Pour the water into the skillet and scrape the bottom. Cook over a low heat for one minute, then pour over the veal roast.
- Cover and cook on the LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove the meat and the vegetables from the crockpot and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the flour. Cook over a low heat until smooth and bubbly. Add the liquid from the crockpot; stirring constantly, cook until thick and smooth.
- Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes longer. Season to taste with salt and pepper then pour over the veal roast.
Serves 8 to 10.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|