This veal recipe is made with thin sliced veal (scallopini) and tomatoes, along with capers, mushrooms, and seasonings. It is a fabulous dish to serve with hot cooked pasta. Add a salad and some garlic bread and you will have a wonderful meal.
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 veal cutlets (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 can/15 ounces tomatoes (cut up)
- 1 can/4 ounces mushrooms (sliced, with liquid)
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers (drained)
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano (dried leaf, crushed)
- 4 servings hot cooked pasta (buttered)
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a bowl; dredge veal with flour mixture.
- Put the vegetable oil in a large skillet and place it over medium heat. Brown the veal in the hot vegetable oil, turning to brown both sides.
- Remove meat; add onion to skillet and cook until tender.
- Add garlic, cooked veal, tomatoes, mushrooms with liquid, parsley, capers, and oregano.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until veal is tender.
- Arrange veal scaloppini over hot buttered pasta and top with sauce.
More Veal Cutlet Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|