Caramelized onions make these veal steaks extra-special. Serve these steaks with a tossed green salad and rice or baked potatoes for a great family meal.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 medium onions (yellow or sweet, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced)
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 to 4 veal strip steaks (or chops or fillets, about 1-inch thickness)
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic (cut in half)
- 2 to 3 teaspoons olive oil
1. In a skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until nicely browned, about 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Coat a grill pan or large skillet with olive oil; place over medium-high heat. Rub steaks with the cut sides of the garlic and sprinkle with salt and pepper Cook the steaks for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until done as desired.
3. Serve veal on a thin bed of caramelized onions and sprinkle with more strands of the caramelized onions.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||19 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|