|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
Veal is quickly sauteed with mushrooms, lemon juice, garlic, and wine, along with rosemary and parsley.
Serve this quick and easy veal dish with rice, potatoes, or noodles.
- 1 to 1 1/4 pound thin veal scallops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 6 to 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary (chopped, or about 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
Sprinkle veal with salt and pepper; dust lightly with flour.
Sauté veal quickly, turning once. Remove veal from pan when browned.
Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter; sauté mushrooms until tender and browned.
Add the veal back to the pan along with garlic, lemon juice and zest, herbs, and wine. Turn to coat; cover skillet and simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes.
Arrange veal on a platter; spoon mushrooms and pan drippings over the veal.