Vegan pancakes? Good. Vegan apple pancakes? Even better! When it comes to breakfast, there's no reason to skimp just because you are vegetarian or vegan! Apple pecan pancakes, prepared with soy milk and a bit of tofu, are healthy, high in protein and fiber and, of course, taste absolutely scrumptious. This recipe for apple pecan pancakes is both vegetarian and vegan, making it egg-free and dairy-free too.
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk (or another vegan milk substitute
- 1/2 cup tofu (soft/silken)
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 apples (chopped)
- 1/3 cup pecans (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons oil (more or less as needed for frying)
- In a blender or food processor, pulse together all ingredients except pecans until apples are minced and ingredients are blended. Alternatively, you can finely chop the apples by hand and mix together the ingredients.
- Gently fold in the pecans.
- Drop by large spoonfuls onto a lightly oiled skillet or griddle and cook for a few minutes, until bubbles appear. Flip and cook until both sides are lightly golden brown.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|