Fluffy, sweet, and loaded with banana flavor, these cupcakes are perfect for parties or everyday treats. I've made these with several different frostings over the years, from vegan chocolate to coconut to vanilla to peanut butter, and I haven't gone wrong yet! (If pressed, I'd have to say that this Vegan Chocolate Frosting is my favorite, but to each dairy-freer her own!)
I think my favorite thing about banana cupcakes is that there are so many fun ways to go with them. They're fun--so go bananas!
*This recipe as written is suitable for dairy-free and vegan diets, but as with any recipe intended for persons with dietary restrictions or allergies, make sure to read the ingredients labels on all ingredients to make sure that there are no dairy-derived ingredients or other allergens that apply to you.
- 2 tablespoons Egg Replacer
- 1/4 cup water (very hot)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 3/4 cups sugar (white granulated)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup/1 stick margarine (dairy-free soy, melted)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (dairy-free or dairy-free soy yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with cupcake liners. In a small bowl, whisk together the Egg Replacer and the hot water until gooey. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until well combined. Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Add the mashed bananas, dairy-free soy margarine, dairy-free sour cream, vanilla extract and Egg Replacer mixture to the well. Mix the wet ingredients together and then incorporate into the dry ingredients until just combined. (Don't overmix!).
- Portion the batter into the prepared muffin tin and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake emerges clean. Cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting with Dairy-Free Frosting of your choice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||8 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|