There's nothing quite like a warm pancake bursting with blueberries on a weekend morning. But if you've been missing pancakes after going vegan, or you just want to give your breakfast a new twist, this vegan blueberry pancake recipe is the perfect way to create a perfect lazy weekend morning or an elegant brunch. Plus, this vegan pancake recipe is completely Egg-free, dairy-free and, like all vegan foods, cholesterol-free as well! Plus, these easy vegan pancakes are light and fluffy and easy to whip up. Enjoy!
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil (such as coconut or vegetable oil)
- 2 cups soy milk (or almond milk or dairy-free milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Add the non-diary milk and oil and mix until well combined.
- Pour the blueberries into the batter and stir until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a hot greased griddle and cook for approximately three minutes on each side.
- Serve with syrup, fresh fruit, jam or some soy or coconut yogurt.
- One quick tip about making pancakes, and particularly vegan pancakes: For the fluffiest and lightest pancakes possible, try not to over mix the batter, and don't let it sit too long before cooking, either
- Because vegan pancakes are lower in fat than regular pancakes, they may be a little bit stickier. I've never had a problem when using a non-stick pan, so I recommend using one if you have one, or, just make sure you haven't missed even a single spot when greasing up your griddle or whatever pan you use to make your pancakes.
- There are many things to consider when choosing an oil for your vegan pancakes. Believe it or not, olive oil can be a great choice because it's high in heart-healthy monounsaturated fatty acids. Opt for extra-virgin olive oil, which usually is fairly flavorless, to avoid having your blueberry pancakes taste like olive oil. Coconut oil and grapeseed oil are also great, healthy choices that won't impose their flavor on your pancakes (choosing refined coconut oil will cut out the coconut flavor).
Are you looking for more sweet tasting vegetarian and vegan breakfast recipe ideas? Look not further. These breakfast treats are sure to satisfy vegans, vegetarians and omnivores alike.
- Fat-Free Vegan Apple Banana Muffins
- Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Low-Fat Vegan Banana Bread
- Easy Vegan Pancake
- Banana French Toast Recipe
- Easy Vegan French Toast
- Vegan Pumpkin Scones
- Low Fat Vegan Coffee Cake
- Peanut Butter Coffee Cake
Haney, R. (n.d.). Healthy Kind of Oil to Use in Pancakes. Retrieved November 20, 2016, from http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/healthy-kind-oil-use-pancakes-2210.html
Sugar, J. (2016, March 27). 100-Calorie Fluffy and Sweet Vegan Pancakes. Retrieved November 20, 2016, from http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Vegan-Pancake-Recipe-35270589
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|