This healthy breakfast quinoa recipe is so easy to make and versatile; add whatever seasonal fruits you crave, from berries to apples! This dish is very customizable and fairly easy to make, making it perfect for anyone willing to experiment.
- 2 cups vanilla soy, rice, or almond milk, plus more for serving
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. sugar or liquid sweetener
- 1 medium-sized banana, chopped into pieces
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- In a medium-sized saucepan over medium-high heat combine the dairy-free milk, quinoa, and salt. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for 15 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the sugar or liquid sweetener, chopped banana, shredded coconut, and nuts and seeds of your choice. Serve warm with additional soy, rice, or almond milk if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|