A fun, elegant way to enjoy brownies, this brownie cake is phenomenal topped with this vegan ganache.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or soy milk)
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9” round cake pan and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. In another small mixing bowl, whisk together the water, almond milk, canola oil, and vanilla. Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before icing with vegan ganache, if desired.
**This recipe is suitable for dairy-free, vegan, vegetarian, egg-free, gluten-free, lactose-free, and wheat-free diets, but as with any recipe intended for persons with allergies or dietary restrictions, make sure to read all nutritional labels carefully to make sure that there are no hidden dairy-derived ingredients (or other allergens, if these apply to you).
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||23 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|