|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 3 1/2 cups (14 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 5g||6%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 4g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Cashew cream is an indulgently rich cream used as a base in many dairy-free vegan substitutes. It's much richer and more flavorful than soy milk. Here's how to make a homemade vegan cashew cream. As long as you use raw cashews, this is also a raw foods recipe.
Cashew cream recipe courtesy of Gardein.
- 2 cups cashews (whole raw)
- Gather the ingredients.
- Put 2 cups whole, raw cashews (not pieces which are often dry) and rinse very well under cold water. Put in a bowl and add cold water to cover them. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain the cashews and rinse under cold water.
- Place the cashews in a blender with enough fresh cold water to cover them by 1 inch. Blend on high for several minutes until very smooth. (If you’re not using a professional high-speed blender such as a Vita-Mix, which creates an ultra-smooth cream, strain the cashew cream through a fine-mesh sieve.)
- Makes about 3 1/2 cups regular cashew cream.
Here's what to do with your homemade raw cashew cream:
Gourmet spinach and basil puree
Rosemary cashew vegan mashed potatoes
Fingerling potatoes with crisped dulse
Easy soy-free vegan mashed potato recipe
See also: More easy vegan recipes to try