This recipe for vegan chocolate banana muffins calls for oatmeal and bananas - but don't let that trick you into thinking that it's healthy! Being egg-free and dairy-free, however, it is lower in fat than most chocolate muffin recipes, and being vegan, it is cholesterol-free as well.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-3 ripe bananas (mashed)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup vegan margarine (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and line or grease a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, cocoa, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the bananas, soy milk, vegan margarine, and vanilla. Combine with the dry ingredients and stir just to combine.
- Fill each muffin about 2/3 full with batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|