Cupcakes have been making a major comeback in the culinary world in recent years, served at cookouts and high-end restaurants alike. But I don't even need to say that because: who doesn't love a cupcake?! Especially ones that are dairy-free, vegan, and still taste this good. (Am I right?) These cupcakes are rich, decadent and incredibly easy to prepare and transport, which makes them perfect for kids' birthday parties, work get-togethers, or school parties, and because they are super simple to make on the fly, they are great for everyday sweets and chocolate cravings as well. And like any cupcake, these are versatile and can be dressed up with whatever dairy-free frosting you choose. For an extra-chocolatey and rich dessert, top with dairy-free ganache and decorate with shaved dark chocolate, shredded coconut, or nuts.
*As with any recipe intended for persons with dietary restrictions or allergies, make sure to read the ingredients labels on all ingredients to make sure that there are no dairy-derived ingredients or other allergens that apply to you.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar (white granulated)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup soymilk (or coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cups chocolate chips (dairy free, dark chocolate)
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt (or coconut or almond yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon egg replacer (mixed with 3 tablespoons hot water)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt. In another small bowl, combine the soymilk (or coconut milk, if using) and apple cider vinegar until just combined and slightly thickened. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the chocolate chips with the soy yogurt. Stirring constantly, cook until the chocolate is just melted and there are no lumps. Remove from heat.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed, add the chocolate mixture, followed by the soymilk mixture, olive oil, and Egg Replacer mixture, to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined (do not over mix!). Portion the batter into prepared cupcake tins, filling each cup about 3/4 full, and bake for about 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before frosting with dairy-free frosting of choice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|