An easy recipe for super-moist and fudgey chocolate fudge vegan brownies, using tofu as an egg replacer, which is also what keeps them super moist!
As a vegan recipe, these brownies are dairy-free, egg-free and cholesterol-free, and with maple syrup instead of sugar, they're also refined-sugar free, which is great for vegans who want to avoid refined sugar. Scroll down for more vegan brownie recipes to try.
- 3/4 cup silken (soft) tofu
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking pan.
- In a blender or food processor, process the silken tofu, water, maple syrup, cocoa, oil and vanilla until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients, except the nuts.
- Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients, stirring well to combine. Gently fold in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and baked for about 40 minutes. Enjoy!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|