Looking for a recipe for how to prepare a vegan lasagna in advance in your crockpot or slow cooker? You've found it!
You can prepare this easy vegetarian and vegan lasagna recipe in your crockpot six to eight hours ahead of dinner time using just a few simple ingredients including tofu, fresh basil, frozen spinach, tomato sauce and lasgana noodles.
Using tofu instead of cheese makes this lasagna recipe very low-fat and also vegan, or, try out a vegan ricotta cheese substitute whether it's store-bought or a homemade tofu-based ricotta "cheese".
With 284 calories per serving, this lasagna also just barely sneaks into the low calorie category. Just watch those portion sizes!
- 1 container soft (silken) tofu
- 1 container firm or extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 10 ounce packages frozen spinach, thawed and patted dry
- 4 cups tomato sauce
- 1 10-ounce box lasagna noodles
- In a food processor or blender, combine the silken tofu, firm or extra-firm tofu, soy milk, garlic powder, lemon juice, basil, and salt and process until smooth. Add the thawed spinach to this mixture. You can also just use a large fork to thoroughly mash it all together.
- Place about a cup of the tomato sauce in the bottom of the crock pot or slow cooker. Then place 1/3 of the lasagna noodles on top of the sauce, and 1/3 of the tofu and spinach mixture on top of the noodles. Repeat these layers, being sure to end with sauce on top.
- Cook in the crockpot on the low heat setting for 6 to 8 hours, or until the noodles are soft.
- Serve with a little bit of nutritional yeast on top, if you'd like.
Makes 6 servings of lasagna.
Calories: 284, Calories from Fat: 53
% Daily Value:
Total Fat: 5.9g, 9%; Saturated Fat: 0.9g, 5%; Trans Fat: 0.0g
Sodium: 1352mg, 56%
Total Carbohydrates: 42.0g, 14%
Dietary Fiber: 5.3g, 21%
Vitamin A 190%, Vitamin C 68%, Calcium 27%, Iron 33%
More Easy Vegetarian Crock Pot Recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|