Perfect for vegan chocolate cakes and cupcakes, this frosting is rich, delicious, and just plain good, not to mention easy to make! As with any recipe that uses only a few ingredients, take care to select good-quality ingredients to ensure that you have the best possible frosting.
- 3 1/2 cups sugar (confectioner's)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup soy margarine (dairy-free, 1 1/2 sticks at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon soy milk (dairy-free, room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ounces chocolate (dark dairy-free chocolate, melted)
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the confectioners sugar and cocoa powder until well combined.
- Add the dairy-free soy margarine, soy milk, and vanilla extract, beating just until there are no lumps.
- Add the melted dark chocolate and beat until smooth.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|