|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate 26g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Perfect for vegan chocolate cakes and cupcakes, this frosting is rich, delicious, and just plain good, not to mention easy to make! As with any recipe that uses only a few ingredients, take care to select good-quality ingredients to ensure that you have the best possible frosting.
- 3 1/2 cups sugar (confectioners)
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup soy margarine (dairy-free, 1 1/2 sticks at room temperature)
- 1/3 cup and 1 tablespoon soy milk (dairy-free, room temperature)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 ounces chocolate (dark dairy-free chocolate, melted)
In a large mixing bowl, sift together the confectioners sugar and cocoa powder until well combined.
Add the dairy-free soy margarine, soy milk, and vanilla extract, beating just until there are no lumps.
Add the melted dark chocolate and beat until smooth.