Like lemon chicken and looking for a vegan substitute? If you like lemon chicken, try this vegetarian recipe for lemon baked tofu. Baking tofu is a simple way to prepare a perfect tofu every time. This lemon baked tofu is simply delish, so you may want to make a double batch! Be sure to press your tofu well first, for maximum flavor!
- 2 blocks firm or extra-firm tofu, well pressed
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- First, prepare your tofu. Like most tofu recipes, tofu scramble will taste best if you press the tofu first. This allows the tofu to absorb more of the flavorings and seasonings which you add to it. It's an extra step, but it just takes a few minutes. Not sure how to press tofu? See this easy step-by-step guide: How to press tofu.
- Slice your pressed tofu into 1/2-inch thick strips.
- Whisk together all ingredients except for tofu. Transfer to a shallow pan or zipped plastic bag then the tofu, coating well.
- Allow tofu to marinate for at least one hour (the longer the better, turning to coat well with marinade).
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Transfer tofu and marinade to baking dish and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning halfway through and pouring extra marinade over the tofu as needed.
Like this recipe?
Loving this vegetarian and vegan tofu recipe? Here are some more incredible things you can do with tofu:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||14 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|