Here is the classic, iconic sugar cookie -- vegan and tender and with a dash of lemon to give it some zing. It can sometimes be tricky to find a recipe for vegan cookies that has the right consistency without adding tons of ingredients as substitutions, but this one is simple and unadorned. And unlike other sugar cookie recipes, this vegan sugar cookie is flavorful enough on its own; no icing is needed.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together in a medium-sized bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat together the 2/3 cup sugar, vegan margarine and lemon zest until smooth and fluffy. Add the tofu and lemon juice and whip until well mixed, then add the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the margarine mixture and stir until well combined.
- Form dough into one-inch balls and roll into the 1/4 cup sugar until well coated. Flatten slightly and bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly golden brown.
More Vegan Cookie Recipes:
Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
Spiced Oatmeal Cranberry Cookies
Vegan Gingerbread Cookies
Easy Date Macaroons
Sugar-free Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies
Chocolate Spice Cookies
Vegan Cake Mix Cookies
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|