|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
The ingredients in this dressing are simple: it's made with garlic, fresh basil, parsley, lemon juice a bit of Dijon mustard and some olive oil as a base. Not sure what to do with this simple lemon and garlic vinaigrette? Try it to dress fresh steamed vegetables such as broccoli or kale, use it to dress any pasta salad or bean salad, use it as a marinade for grilling tofu or even just use it to drizzle on a simple baked potato or oven roasted new potatoes when you want something quick and easy for a side dish.
All of the ingredients in this simple lemon vinaigrette dressing recipe are vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free, and, if you use cold pressed oil and fresh lemon juice, it should be suitable for anyone on a raw vegan food diet as well, as all but the very strictest of raw food folks won't mind a bit of prepared Dijon mustard (if you're not sure, you can also always omit it).
- Instead of using a small bowl and a whisk, you can also just place everything together in a mason jar, cover, and then shake it all up until fully emulsified.
- Want something a little sweeter? Add in a teaspoon or two of agave nectar or honey. It will complement the other flavors quite well. Kind of like a tangy and fresh herb honey mustard dressing!
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon basil (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- Optional: dash of salt and pepper, to taste
In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, the Dijon mustard, olive oil and lemon juice and use a fork or a small whisk to whisk everything together until fully incorporated and the olive oil won't separate. This will probably take a minute or two longer than you think.
Next, stir in the finely chopped fresh basil and fresh parsley and combine well.
Finally, taste your dressing, and add a bit of salt and pepper to taste, if you'd like and stir or whisk together again to combine.