This cake is so easy to make--no electric mixer needed! Humble yet flavorful, this cake is perfect for everyday baking and weeknight desserts. To add an extra coffee touch to your cake, frost with this Dairy-Free Coffee Frosting.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (or carob powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups coffee (cold or room temperature)
- 3/4 cups canola oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly oil a 9"x13" cake pan or casserole dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda.
- In another small mixing bowl, whisk together coffee, canola oil, maple syrup, vinegar and vanilla.
- Create a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the wet ingredient into the well and fold into the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared dish and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center emerges clean.
- All the cake to cool completely on a wire cooling rack before icing with your favorite Dairy-Free Frosting.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|