This is perfect for white cakes, chocolate cakes, angel food cupcakes, lemon cupcakes, and just about any cake! Because the frosting is already sweet enough, I prefer using an all-fruit strawberry fruit preserves variety, but if all you have is a jar of sweetened preserves, use a little less and add more to taste.
- 2 sticks dairy-free soy margarine
- 3 1/2 cups organic confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-fruit strawberry preserves
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream the dairy-free soy margarine until well blended and "fluffy."
- Add the confectioners' sugar gradually, starting with a low speed setting and moving up to a medium speed setting once all has been added, and mix until well blended.
- Add the vanilla extract and strawberry preserves, and mix until the frosting is smooth and creamy. Use for icing dairy-free cakes and cupcakes!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|