Adding sun-dried tomatoes to a homemade hummus recipe adds a bit of texture and color and a whole lot of flavor. Making homemade hummus is so easy - just dump everything in the blender or food processor, and process until it's smooth.
Hummus is a naturally vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free food.
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (in oil or rehydrated)
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Process all ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth, adding more liquid if needed. That's it! Enjoy your homemade hummus.
- If you prefer, you can also add the sun-dried tomatoes last, and process the hummus until the tomatoes are finely diced rather than completely smooth. This will give your hummus a bit of extra texture if you prefer.
- If your blender isn't strong enough to handle the sun-dried tomatoes, you may need to give them a quick coarse chop.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||12 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|