Thai mango salad is a popular dish in Thailand, where roadside stalls and wandering street vendors sell it fresh and made to order as spicy as you like it. Though it's usually made with fish sauce and dried shrimp, this vegan version uses soy sauce, salt, and lime juice instead.
Temper the heat by reducing the number of chilis and use firm, underripe mangoes in this recipe, which is usually made with green mangoes.
- 2 firm mangoes (diced or grated)
- 2 to 3 small green chilies (deseeded and minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons peanuts
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or honey or agave nectar)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (juice from one lime)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Dash of salt (to taste)
- Toss all ingredients together thoroughly. Taste, and adjust seasonings to taste.
- Allow the flavors to mingle for at least 30 minutes before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||16 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||14 g|