|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 9g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 18g||7%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Like egg foo young? Try this eggless vegan version made with tofu instead! Along with tofu instead of eggs, this recipe has all the other traditional ingredients for egg foo young, including mushrooms, bean sprouts water chestnuts and green onions.
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 6-8 green onions, sliced
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, sliced
- 2 tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- 2 blocks tofu
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cup flour
- 3 tbsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Gather the ingredients.
- Pre-heat oven to 325 F.
- In a large skillet or wok, saute the snow peas, mushrooms, green onions and water chestnuts in sesame oil for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the bean sprouts and cook for another minute.
- In a blender or food processor, process 1/2 blocks of tofu and the soy sauce until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl and mix in by hand the remaining 1/2 block tofu, flour, nutritional yeast and baking powder. Add the vegetables and mix well.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the mixture onto a baking sheet and gently flatten to about 1/2 inch thick. Continue making patties, using all of the mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then turn each patty over and cook for another 15 minutes.
Enjoy your eggless egg-free and vegan tofu egg fu young!