Vegan whipped cream isn't quite the same as the dairy version, but this recipe makes a fairly good substitute.
- 1 pound soft tofu (silken)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- Combine the tofu, vanilla and sugar in a blender or a food processor and process until smooth.
- With the machine running, gradually add the soy milk through the feeder cap.
- Refrigerate until serving time. It will keep for a week, but can also be frozen.
Reprinted with permission from The Compassionate Cook Cookbook.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|