A vegan entree of tofu smothered with steak sauce and onions. If you like steak sauce, add a familiar taste to your tofu by smothering it in steak sauce with caramelized onions. Once you've whipped up this easy vegetarian and vegan tofu dish, you can eat it as is (go ahead, it's fantastic!) or use it to make tofu steak sandwiches.
- 1 package firm or extra firm tofu, well pressed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp steak sauce
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp flour
- Slice tofu into strips about 1/2 inch thick.
- Sautee onions in olive oil until they turn brown and begin to caramelize, then add tofu and allow to cook until lightly golden brown.
- Add balsamic vinegar and steak sauce and stir to combine. Next, add the water and flour and whisk to combine. Allow to cook until the sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||3 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|