- 2 tablespoons oil for stir-frying
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen corn or peas
- 1/2 red bell pepper, deseeded, diced
- 3 1/2 cups previously cooked
- scented rice
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce or to taste, or thick soy sauce, vegetarian oyster sauce, or a combination
- Black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- Salt to taste, optional
- Heat oil in a preheated wok or saute pan over medium-high heat. Add ginger, stir until fragrant. Add onion, stir-fry for about 2 minutes, until softened.
- Push the onion to the sides of the wok. Add the frozen corn or peas in the middle, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Push to sides, add red bell pepper in the middle and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add rice in the middle of the pan. Stir until heated through (about 2 minutes), using a spatula to turn and move the rice around the pan. (Note: You can remove the stir-fried vegetables before adding the rice if the pan is too crowded, and then add them back before adding the seasonings. It's generally not necessary though since the rice is already cooked and just needs to be heated through.)
- Stir in soy sauce and pepper. Stir in cashews. Stir in green onion. Taste and add seasoning if desired.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|
(The nutrition information on our recipes is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. Individual results may vary.)