This is a flavorful vegetable pie, made with mushrooms, zucchini, tomato, and cheese. It's perfect for any time of the year and makes a great vegetarian meal. Mix in your own favorite vegetables to experiement!
- 16 ounces mushrooms (fresh, sliced)
- 1 medium onion (sliced)
- 2 small zucchini (or yellow squash, sliced)
- 1 bell pepper (green, chopped)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons margarine
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Garlic salt to taste
- 1 large tomato (ripe, firm)
- 1 10-inch pie shell (unbaked)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup mozzarella (shredded)
Saute mushrooms, onion, squash, and green pepper in margarine until tender but not soft; drain well.
Add salt and pepper to vegetables.
Place tomato slices in bottom of the unbaked pie shell; add cooked vegetables.
Mix mayonnaise and mozzarella cheese; spread over vegetables.
Bake uncovered at 350° for about 1 hour.