Looking for a healthier, low-fat veggie burger? This recipe uses just a bit of tofu and lots and lots of veggies to form a healthy and high-fiber vegetarian patty. This veggie burger recipe is both vegetarian and vegan.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 7 mushrooms, diced
- 3 scallions (green onions) diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small potato, grated
- 1/4 cup silken (soft) tofu
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- In a blender or food processor, process tofu until creamy and set aside.
- Sautee the corn, mushrooms, scallions and bell pepper in one tablespoon of oil for 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cumin and cook for one more minute.
- Remove from heat and add the carrot, potato, tofu, salt, and pepper. Add bread crumbs until the mixture holds together. You may need a little bit more or less than a half a cup.
- Shape the mixture into patties and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Heat remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and cook each patty until the veggie burgers are done, about 3 minutes on each side.
More Veggie Burger Recipes:
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g|