Looking for the perfect dish for a vegetarian Hanukkah? Brisket is out, latkes are in, but if you're vegan, you'll need to watch out for eggs.
Here's a collection of recipes for a healthy vegetarian or vegan Hanukkah celebration, including vegetarian kugel recipes, vegan Chanukah donuts, vegan latkes and more recipes for your vegetarian Hanukkah table.
Vegetarian Latke Recipes
Vegetarian Kugels for Hannukah:
- Vegetarian Spinach and Noodle Kugel: With a few simple ingredients including fresh spinach, make a spinach noodle kugel for your Hanukkah meal.
- Vegan Carrot and Potato Kugel Recipe: An easy and nutritious vegan kugel recipe with carrots, perfect for a healthier Hanukkah celebration.
- Easy Vegan Sweet Potato Kugel: This vegetarian and vegan kugel recipe is cholesterol-free and lower in fat than a traditional kugel with eggs. This recipe is suitable for a vegetarian Passover or for a vegetarian Hanukkah.
- Vegetarian Vegetable Kugel: A healthier vegetarian kugel recipe made with carrots and zucchini. Perfect for the kids on Hanukkah.
- Sugared Noodle Kugel for Kids: A sweet vegetarian raisin and egg noodle kugel recipe that the kids will love to eat on Hanukkah.
More Vegetarian Hannukah Recipes
- Vegan Egg-Free Matzo Ball Soup: If you're looking for a vegan and egg-free matzoh ball soup recipe, here's one to try. Although this is more of a Passover recipe, there's no reason you can't enjoy it for Hanukkah, too!
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe: No added sugar is needed since this homemade applesauce recipe is naturally sweet. A healthy accompaniment to your vegetarian or vegan Hanukkah latkes!
- Vegan Beet Casserole: Beet casserole with a bit of sugar and just a touch of spices, so the natural flavors really shine through. Beet casserole is the perfect colorful side dish for your vegetarian or vegan Hanukkah menu.
- Greek Hanukkah Donuts: Light, tasty and a tradition in the Greek community, these little puffed dough balls are drizzled with honey.