Looking for the perfect dish for a vegetarian Hanukkah? Brisket is out, latkes are in, but if you're vegan, you'll need to watch out for eggs.
Here's a collection of recipes for a healthy vegetarian or vegan hanukkah celebration, including vegetarian kugel recipes, vegan Chanukah donuts, vegan latkes and more recipes for your vegetarian Hanukkah table.
Vegetarian and Vegan Hanukkah Recipes
Vegetarian Latke Recipes
- Easy Vegan Latkes This vegan latke recipe uses an egg replacer to make traditional potato pancakes for Hanukkah.
- Cauliflower Latkes Made with just a few simple ingredients including cauliflower, matzo and eggs.
Vegetarian Kugels for Hannukah:
- Vegetarian Spinach and Noodle Kugel With a few simple ingredients including fresh spinach, make a spinach noodle kugel for your Hanukkah meal.
- Vegan Carrot and Potato Kugel Recipe An easy and nutritious vegan kugel recipe with carrots, perfect for a healthier Hanukkah celebration.
- Easy Vegan Sweet Potato Kugel This vegetarian and vegan kugel recipe is cholesterol-free and lower in fat than a traditional kugel with eggs. This recipe is suitable for a vegetarian Passover or for a vegetarian Hanukkah.
- Vegetarian Vegetable Kugel A healthier vegetarian kugel recipe made with carrots and zucchini. Perfect for the kids on Hanukkah.
- Sugared Noodle Kugel for Kids A sweet vegetarian raisin and egg noodle kugel recipe that the kids will love to eat on Hanukkah.
More Vegetarian Hannukah Recipes
- Vegan Egg-Free Matzo Ball Soup If you're looking for a vegan and egg-free matzoh ball soup recipe, here's one to try. Although this is more of a Passover recipe, there's no reason you can't enjoy it for Hanukkah, too!
- Easy Homemade Applesauce Recipe No added sugar is needed, since this homemade applesauce recipe is naturally sweet. A healthy accompaniment to your vegetarian or vegan Hanukkah latkes!
- Vegan Beet Casserole Beet casserole with a bit of sugar and just a touch of spices, so the natural flavors really shine through. Beet casserole is the perfect colorful side dish for your vegetarian or vegan Hanukkah menu.
- Greek Hanukkah Donuts Light, tasty and a tradition in the Greek community, these little puffed dough balls are drizzled with honey.