Vegetarian adobo is a Filipino dish using vegetarian chicken marinated in vinegar, pepper, and lemon, and cooked the same way as chicken adobo in the Philippines. The vegetarian chicken is marinated, fried in a bit of oil, then simmered in the sauce for a unique taste of the Philippines. Vegetarian adobo recipe courtesy of Follow Your Heart Natural Foods
- 1 vegetarian Chicken Free Chicken, torn or cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp lemon peel
- 1 tbsp Braggs Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup water, more or less as needed
- Marinate Chicken Free Chicken in garlic, Braggs, pepper, and vinegar for 15 minutes.
- Reserving marinade, transfer garlic into preheated oil and stir-fry until brown, being careful not to burn.
- Add marinade and Chicken Free Chicken.
- Simmer 10 minutes. Serve over rice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||9 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|