If you've recently gone vegetarian, you might be longing for some of your favorite foods. Curried chicken masala has long been a favorite for many people, particularly in England. Love chicken masala? Try it with a chicken substitute, to make it completely vegetarian! Here's how.
- 1 vegetarian Chicken Free Chicken (cut into 2-inch cubes)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (crushed)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chicken masala spice
- 1/2 cup tomato (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (chopped)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup water
- Sautee onions, garlic, and ginger in oil until lightly browned.
- Add Masala spice and sautee 2 more minutes.
- Add tomatoes and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add Chicken Free Chicken and cook an additional 5 minutes adding water as necessary.
- Serve over rice.
Vegetarian "Chicken" Masala Curry recipe courtesy of Follow Your Heart Natural Foods
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||21 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|