A southwestern-style vegetarian chili casserole recipe made from pre-made or canned vegetarian chili, hominy, and topped with crushed corn chips. It won't take long to get this simple chili casserole into the oven and onto the table.
- 1 onion, chopped small
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Approx. 2 cups corn tortilla chips, crushed and divided
- 1 15-ounce can vegetarian chili
- 1 15-ounce can pinto or navy beans
- 1 15-ounce can hominy
- 1 4-ounce can mild green chilies, sliced
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 F.
- Sautee the onion, garlic, and cumin in olive oil until onions are soft, about 6-8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large casserole dish, add half the crushed corn chips, then the chili, pinto or navy beans, homini, and green chilies.
- Add garlic and onions mixture.
- Sprinkle the cheese and remaining corn chips over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 25-30 minutes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||38 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||12 g|
|Dietary Fiber||28 g|