By swapping out chicken with aromatic turmeric and cumin roasted cauliflower, this classic curried chicken salad sandwich recipe is reinvented as a delicious vegetarian favorite. Not a fan of cauliflower? Try using the same spice recipe below for roasted sweet potatoes, grilled tofu, or crumbled tempeh.
- For the "Chicken":
- 2 cups cauliflower (chopped, it will cook down)
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- For the Curried "Chicken" Salad:
- 2 tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. ginger (powder)
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1/2 lime (juiced)
- 1 tsp. Sriracha
- 3 tbsp. cashews (coconut glazed ones are best!)
- 2 tbsp. dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. mint (chopped)
- 1 tsp. green onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp. cilantro (chopped)
- 1 small carrot (grated)
- 1 tsp. onion (red, grated)
- For Each Sandwich:
- 2 slices pumpkin bread (We recommend Rudi's Organic Pumpkin Bread)
- 1/4 cup curried cauliflower mock-chicken salad
- Datil Pepper Hot Sauce (We recommend using Captain Food's Datil Pepper Sauce)
Roasted Turmeric and Cumin Cauliflower
Preheat your oven to 450 F.
In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, turmeric, cumin, powdered garlic, and salt.
Pour spiced olive oil over chopped cauliflower and toss.
Arrange cauliflower, giving each piece sufficient space from the other, and roast until cauliflower begins to brown and become tender.
Remove from oven and set aside.
Chicken Salad Recipe
Add in the turmeric and cumin roasted cauliflower, cashews, cranberries, mint, green onion, cilantro, carrot, and onion.
Stir and let sit for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Chicken Sandwich Recipe
Toast your pumpkin bread and add a scoop of the curried cauliflower mock-chicken salad.
Drizzle with your favorite hot sauce and serve.