|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 2g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 53g||19%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||33%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This recipe for vegetarian and vegan minestrone soup is filled with healthy and low-fat vegetables, including tomato, carrots, celery, green beans, and zucchini. It's basically your entire garden in a soup! Everything is slowly simmered for maximum flavor along with some fresh basil and garlic.
Vegetarian minestrone soup makes for a light and healthy lunch or dinner soup, just add a side salad and maybe a slice of garlic bread and you've got yourself a full meal. Because it contains no oil, this vegetarian minestrone soup recipe is very low in fat.
With less than 100 calories per serving and just over 1 gram of naturally occurring fat, this vegetarian (and vegan!) minestrone is a great low-calorie and nearly fat-free soup. You may also want to try this crockpot vegetarian vegetable minestrone soup recipe.
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups tomatoes (diced)
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3 zucchini (chopped)
- Optional: 1 cup green beans (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups macaroni pasta (or use another small pasta shape such as small shells)
Gather the ingredients.
First, place the vegetable broth in a large pot, then add in the diced tomatoes, basil, oregano, carrots, celery, onion, zucchini, green beans, garlic, and the bay leaf.
Slowly bring the soup to a low simmer and allow to cook over very low heat for at least 45 minutes and up to one hour, or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Add the salt and pepper and the macaroni pasta and bring the heat up a bit to a medium-low. Allow to simmer for another 10 to 20 minutes, or until the pasta is done cooking.
Remove the bay leaf before serving.
- Make this gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta and a gluten-free vegetable broth.
- Looking for more vegetarian and vegan soup recipes? You may want to browse some of crowd-pleasing creative vegetable soups, or, if you want something a little healthier, try one of these nine fat-free vegan soups. Want something a bit unusual? How about a vegan cream of asparagus soup or a fun vegetarian peanut soup. Enjoy!