Got leeks? Eat them for breakfast! This easy vegetarian mushroom and leek omelet recipe is a quick way to get some veggies along with your morning eggs, and the leeks impart a rustic, earthy flavor that goes well with the eggs. An easy vegetarian omelet is a quick vegetarian breakfast for any day of the week.
Like cooking omelets for a fast fresh breakfast? Here are more vegetarian omelet recipes.
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch salt (to taste)
- 1 pinch pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp leek (diced)
- 1 tbsp onion (diced)
- 4 mushrooms (diced)
- 1 tbsp butter (or margarine)
- Whisk together the eggs, salt, and pepper until well beaten.
- In a large skillet or frying pan, cook the leeks, onion, and mushrooms in butter or margarine for about 3 to five minutes or until onions are soft. Add vegetables to eggs.
- Pour half the eggs and veggies into the skillet and cook until done, folding in half just before finished. Repeat with the other half of the mixture.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||22 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g|