- 1 6-ounce can pineapple juice
- 4 ounces non-fat strawberry banana yogurt (or soy yogurt to keep it vegan)
- 1 cup strawberries (frozen)
- 1 16-ounce can Great Northern beans (rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place the pineapple juice, yogurt and berries in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add Great Northern Beans, honey, ground ginger and nutmeg.
- Blend, scraping the sides as needed.
- Serve well chilled.
Makes 4 vegetarian protein shakes.
Nutritional information (from Calorie Count):
Calories: 445, Calories from Fat: 17
% Daily Value:
Total Fat: 1.9g, 3%; Saturated Fat: 0.7g, 4%
Cholesterol: 2mg, 1%
Sodium: 37mg, 2%
Total Carbohydrates: 83.2g, 28%
Dietary Fiber: 23.8g, 95%
Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 40%, Calcium 26%, Iron 37%
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||23 g|