A vegetarian pumpkin lasagna recipe? Yes, that's exactly what this is! This homemade three-cheese lasagne uses a pumpkin sauce in place of a red marinara sauce for a creative and unusual meatless lasagna that's nothing short of gourmet.
This pumpkin lasagna recipe would be perfect for a fall dinner, Halloween night, or even for an unusual meatless Thanksgiving entree.
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- dash pepper, to taste
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 11 x 7 inch baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sautee the mushrooms, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in two teaspoons of olive oil until soft, then set them aside.
- In a small bowl, make a pumpkin sauce by combining the pumpkin, half-and-half, sage, pepper and remaining salt.
- Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce in the prepared baking dish. Top the pumpkin sauce with three noodles. Next, place another layer of the pumpkin sauce on top of the noodles; about a half a cup. Be sure to spread the sauce to cover the edges of the noodles well.
- Next, top the pumpkin sauce with about half of the mushroom and onion mixture, then half of the ricotta cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese and about a third of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat with another layer of noodles, sauce, mushrooms and then the cheeses. Top off the lasagna with the remaining noodles and sauce. You should still have a third of the Parmesan cheese reserved.
- Cover the lasagna with a lid or a layer of foil and baked in the oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, uncover, and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for another ten to fifteen minutes, or until the cheese is well melted.
- Let your pumpkin lasagna stand for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||20 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|