I love roasted vegetables - they're so healthy, easy and delicious, and when paired with couscous, as in this recipe, they make for a quick full meal, as couscous is just as quick and easy to prepare. For a vegan version, omit the feta cheese.
- 1 10-ounce box couscous
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3/4 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 ounces feta cheese (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions.
- Combine bell peppers, zucchini and yellow squash.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, garlic, seasoning, oil and balsamic vinegar and toss with vegetables.
- Spread vegetables evenly in sheet pan and roast for 10 to 12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Reserve left over marinade.
- Allow vegetables to cool slightly, then toss with remaining marinade, couscous and feta cheese.
Nutrition: Each serving provides approximately: 306 calories, 1 g protein, 43 g carbohydrates, 4 g fiber, 10 g fat (4 g saturated), 21 mg cholesterol, 26 mcg folate, 1 mg iron, 655 mg sodium.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|