Need a ten-minute vegetarian dinner idea? Try this super easy vegetarian and vegan tomato casserole recipe with kidney beans, tomatoes, and a breadcrumb topping. Add some baked tofu and maybe a side green salad, and you've got yourself a simple full vegetarian meal which couldn't be easier. Recipe and photo courtesy Bush's® Beans.
If you like quick and easy meatless casseroles for either a side dish or an easy one-dish entree, be sure to browse through more vegetarian casserole recipes here.
- 1 21-ounce can kidney beans
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup tomatoes (canned)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp. margarine
- Drain the kidney beans and put half the beans in a greased baking dish.
- Top with the chopped onion and half the tomatoes. Add remaining beans and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt, pepper & sugar.
- Cover with bread crumbs. Dot with margarine.
- Bake at 350F about 30 minutes until bubbly and brown.
See also: More bean casserole recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||30 g|