|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||10%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||6%|
|Total Carbohydrate 100g||36%|
|Dietary Fiber 29g||103%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Looking for the perfect white bean salad recipe? This is a simple but delicious and versatile vegetarian and vegan dish that you can whip up for any occasion. Use any white beans that you like: cannellini, navy beans or even butter beans or chickpeas would work well in this easy bean salad. Perfect for summer picnics and vegan potlucks.
- 2 (15-ounce) cans white beans (drained well and rinsed)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 red onion (minced)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large tomatoes (diced)
- 1/3 cup sliced black olives
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon (juiced, about 1 tablespoon)
- Salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Gather the ingredients.
Drain and rinse your canned white beans.
Over low heat, combine the drained and rinsed beans, garlic, onion, and parsley in olive oil. Heat for just one minute, or until fragrant. You don't want to actually cook the ingredients to soften and combine the flavors.
Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
Add the tomatoes, black olives, vinegar, and lemon juice and gently toss to combine well and coat all ingredients. combine with remaining ingredients.
Serve your white bean salad warm, as it is, or you can also chill before serving.
- If you're looking for a white bean salad with a bit more summer "oomph" to serve at a potluck or a picnic and this one strikes you as too plain, try making a white bean salad with strawberries.