This easy veggie cream cheese finger sandwich recipe is ideal for kids' tea parties or last-minute guests. It can be prepared with a wide range of vegetables, and kids love it when it's made with milder, sweeter vegetables, such as carrots, cucumber and bell peppers.
- 1.5 cups assorted vegetables (chopped, such as English cucumber, peeled carrot, bell pepper, watercress, baby spinach, and red onion)
- Up to 1 teaspoon dried parsley, chopped fresh chives, chopped parsley, finely chopped garlic, or finely chopped horseradish
- 1 8-ounce container cream cheese (softened)
- dash salt (to taste)
- dash pepper (to taste)
- 2 loaves white bread (such as buttermilk bread)
- Put some of the vegetables in a food processor and partially process them. Alternate adding more vegetables/herbs and processing the vegetables so that the food processor doesn't get jammed.
- When the vegetables (and, optionally, the herbs) are finely diced, mix them with the cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- For every two slices of bread, spread about 1.5 tablespoons of veggie cream cheese on one slice.
- Put the slices together, cut off the crusts and slice the sandwich diagonally two times to create four triangle finger sandwiches.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|