The Bottom Line
This gas grill has been discontinued.
This is a solidly built grill with heavy cast iron and stainless steel body parts. The 62,500 BTU output from five stainless steel burners is enough to heat the 600 square inches of primary grilling area. This unit also comes with a 15,000 BTU side burner and 20,000 BTU rear mounted rotisserie burner. The attractive design and heavy components make this a great grill that will last for many years and grill like professional cooking equipment. It even has a back-lit control panel and cooking light.
- Solid construction of cast iron and stainless steel
- Highly durable components
- Full features with side burner and rotisserie burner
- Body uses low quality 430 stainless steel
- Lid can be pretty heavy due to the cast iron end caps
- Five 12,500 BTU Stainless Steel burners
- 600 square inches of primary cooking area for a total grilling space of 830 square inches
- 62,500 BTU output from the main burners
- Mixed enameled coated cast iron and stainless steel body
- 15,000 BTU side burner under a stainless steel lid
- 20,000 BTU rear mounted infrared rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit
- Enclosed storage space in cart with stainless steel doors
- Independent electronic igniters
- Heavy duty casters
- Long term warranty
Guide Review - Vermont Castings Signature Series VCS5007
The Castings in Vermont Castings comes from their days making cast iron fireplace inserts and stoves, which they still make. Vermont Castings never went the way of cheap sheet metal or cast aluminum body parts. These grills are made with lots of cast iron. This grill has a stainless steel hood with cast iron end caps making for both an attractive grill and a solid piece of equipment. We know what you're thinking: cast iron rusts. Vermont Castings knows how to treat cast iron, and all cast iron components are either porcelain coated or covered in a heavy coating of thermal resistant enamel paint.
The heating properties of this grill are great. The 62,500 BTU rating of its five main burners is more than enough to heat the 600 square inches of primary grilling space. The heavy cast iron components act to hold heat, giving this grill a very even cooking surface and great indirect cooking abilities. It also features a back-lit control panel and a pop up side table mounted light for night grilling.
This unit also comes with a powerful 15,000 BTU side burner, which is enclosed under a stainless steel cover and a 20,000 BTU rear-mounted rotisserie burner. This grill is has a good warranty that provides support for most components up to 10 years.
The VCS5007 is one of the larger units and more expensive from Vermont Castings. At a price around $1,450USD, this is a durable grill that should last for many years. This grill uses heavy gauge 430 stainless steel, which is low quality but thick enough to last.