|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 3-4 servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15g||19%|
|Saturated Fat 13g||64%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Next time you're having a spring or summer party, try making this virgin Pina Colada recipe. This drink is so refreshing and rich-tasting, you won't even miss the alcohol.
The Pina Colada is a blended or iced cocktail originating from Puerto Rico. It's usually made with white rum, coconut cream, and pineapple juice, but in this easy virgin recipe, just nix the rum and use coconut milk instead of the coconut cream.
Since we are using frozen pineapple chunks, you won't really need to add as much ice to these Pina Coladas. Start with 1/4 cup and add more if you want a more frosty drink. Blend it up until the consistency is smooth and creamy.
The traditional Pina Colada is garnished with either a pineapple wedge, a maraschino cherry, or both. Feel free to garnish with what you like, including a little paper umbrella!
Watch Now: Virgin Pina Colada Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups frozen unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup ice
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- Optional: 1 to 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- Garnish: Fresh pineapple wedges
- Garnish: Maraschino cherry
Gather the ingredients.
Place the frozen pineapple chunks and ice in the bottom of a blender.
Pour the pineapple juice and coconut milk over top. Add the brown sugar if using. Puree until smooth. Taste to test desired sweetness.
Pour into glasses, and garnish with fresh pineapple wedges or a maraschino cherry. For an extra special touch, chill the glasses by filling classes with crushed ice or ice water before pouring Pina Coladas in.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
- For easy cleanup, rinse the blender with water and pop into the dishwasher before the sugars in the drink have a chance to solidify and get sticky. If your blender is not dishwasher safe or you don't have a dishwasher, simply add a bit of soap and warm water into the dirty blender, pop back onto the base for a quick mix, then rinse out with water.